Name PSN 4
Real-time, evidential-quality recording of SD, HD, and 4K video streams
Engineered with enterprise-class components, the Synectics PSN 4 is a network-attached storage system, delivering real-time, high-quality recording of IP and analog video streams from an extensive range of third-party cameras and encoders, including ONVIF-conformant devices. The unit is available in 1 and 3U variants for maximized storage density.
The Synectics PSN 4 provides up to 126 TB of storage with a throughput of 700 mbps for exceptional data performance. Optimum resilience and uptime are assured with ultra-reliable storage for surveillance data through auto-rebuild hard drives, dual hot swap power supplies, and 10-gigabit network connections.
Further safeguards are delivered through Synectics' Backfilling technology, which locally records video and ‘backfills’ any gaps in PSN 4 recorded footage upon network restoration, with data integrity authenticated and monitored using SHA-2 hashing.DOWNLOAD DATA SHEET
- Storage capacity options for improved cost per TB
- Per unit storage and combination of HDD sizes for complex storage needs and economic use of rack space
- Auto-rebuild in 2, 3, 4, 6, or 8 TB hard drive configuration
- Individual video stream recording configuration
- Video stream authentication and validation using SHA-2 hashing
- Synectics Watchdog feature initiates auto restart sequences in the event of catastrophic failure, such as power loss
- Up to 700 Mpbs of inbound stream support
- Up to 384 Mbps of outbound stream support
- Lockable front panel
- Wide range of network options, including data connections, dedicated management link, fiber, and Ethernet
- Synectics Incident Locker integration
- Synectics Backfilling technology compatibility
- Synectics PSN 4 1U 3.6TB RAID1 4TB HD
- Synectics PSN 4 3U 21TB RAID6 4TB HD
- Synectics PSN 4 3U 36TB RAID6 4TB HD
- Synectics PSN 4 3U 50TB RAID6 4TB HD
- Synectics PSN 4 3U 75TB RAID6 6TB HD
- Synectics PSN 4 3U 100TB RAID6 8TB HD
- Synectics PSN 4 3U 126TB RAID6 10TB HD
- UL 60950-1:2007
- CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 60950
- EMC 2004/108/EC
Product News and Resources
Migrating to IP?
Download our technical paper on IP networking to explore all the options and considerations, including incorporating legacy kit, infrastructure, and compression.
Improve Bandwidth Management in Video Surveillance
Learn about multicasting, why it is important, and if it could be the right choice for your requirements in our IP Multicasting Tech Note.
Our white paper on surveillance camera trends explores the different technology options now available, and the pros and cons of each one.